Sunday, February 27, 2011

SVG Fractals with Scara

This is my first blogging ever.  I started learning a programming language called Scala a couple of weeks ago.  I thought it was a good timing for me to start blogging to keep track of my progress on learning and give some motivations at the same time.   But, gee, I even do not know how to put my source code here, not to mention about SVG.  Well, basically, I am learning two things at once, please be patient.

References
Following great URLs helped me a lot.

  • The Beauty of SVG
  • Free tutorials for graphics  Great tutorials for Postscript and SVG (in Japanese)
  • NikkeiBP article on Scala Great introduction to Scala (in Japanese)
    • Although my native tang is Japanese, I usually find tutorials in English better to understand.   I went through Haskell and Schema before, and they have very good English tutorials.  Somehow, however, it worked differently for me with Scala...
Goal
Write a scala program, or script?, which outputs a SVG file of a fractal diagam such as Koch snowflake, or this.
I wrote this triangle as SVG and converted it into PNG with Incscape.  I fond this post and tried, but did not work with my file.  I am pretty sure that that is my SVG file that is not following the convention strictly enough that his program works.  But, since Chrome and Firefox can show the picture, at least in my environment, I am satisfied with my SVG, at least for now...

Well, that it for today.  I wil post my source code next time (tomorrow, or next weekend, or might be tonight).

No comments:

Post a Comment